LegacyGT.com

Oops, I think I just sprung a leak in my turbo

SubieAA

I have been really enjoying my LGT stage 1 93 Cobb for the last few months. I have been driving the engine more and more agressively. Yesterday, I was in the 4-5K rpm range pulling away on the highway, when the car felt that it had less and less pull as the rpm went up. It now revs, but I am pretty sure the turbo is doing far less work or not increasing pressure as much.

No noise or other reaction seen or smelt.

Advice is welcome. :iam:

It is actually my clutch. I don't ride it, but I can smell the metal friction. I am actually relieved the turbo and engine are fine, but I am not sure how expensive a new clutch is for the LGT.

I will check the forum.

Yep your clutch is slipping. I had the same problem at 35,000 miles. It was replaced at the dealer and now 24,000 miles later it seems to be grinding from 3rd to 4th. I would suggest getting a non-oem clutch and flywheel. I haven't had much luck with them. On the other hand, there are some members with 90,000+ miles on oem clutches (mostly stock engines all beit).
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Yep your clutch is slipping. I had the same problem at 35,000 miles. It was replaced at the dealer and now 24,000 miles later it seems to be grinding from 3rd to 4th. I would suggest getting a non-oem clutch and flywheel. I haven't had much luck with them. On the other hand, there are some members with 90,000+ miles on oem clutches (mostly stock engines all beit).

Somehow, I'm on 53k on my orginal one.

learned manual and raced this car too, I feel like I'm on borrowed time.

that said, if the car is under 36k and under 3 years from purchase, the clutch is covered by warranty. Many don't know this, as it's an uncommon policy.

I am on 75K with the stock clutch (cobb stge 1 for 50K) and I'm still ok... I've had the clutch slipping occur on the highway in 5th gear when I accelerated hard, but only in very cold temperatures! I'm milking the life of it until after I get married in October!

Archived