LegacyGT.com

Help with my Bilstein HD install!

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of swapping out my front stock struts and springs for bilstein HD's and tein H-techs. I noticed that the new bilstein struts come with a washer and nut. The nut replaces the stock strut rod nut, but does anyone know where this washer is supposed to go????:spin:

I'm guessing it goes on the strut rod between the dust boot and top spring plate or it replaces the stock spacer/washer. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: Got it figured out...i called up thetirerack.com. Aparently the stock nut has a built in washer and the nut that comes with the bilstein setup does not. Problem solved!

I have only the fronts done so far, next week i'll do the rears, but it rides real nice. Not too stiff. The H-techs are designed to be comfortable for daily drivers...to me it feels how it should have felt when i first got the car.

I'll update after i get the rears installed this weekend...not looking forward to it tho, i heard they're much more difficult!

S-techs + Spec B Bilsteins here. Plenty comfy. Wish I coulda bought HDs, but I cama across this setup for a lot cheaper, so...

Rears are fairly straightforward. Only annoying thing to deal with is those little nuts hold the top shock mount under the trunk trim. There isn't much room to start them on the threads (unless you remove all the trim, which is a bit overkil IMHO).

Some folks had problems removing the lower shock mounting bolt, so make sure you soak it in penetrating oil ahead of time.

Archived