LegacyGT.com

Heading to Oahu on Monday!

el5y

Hey everyone!

The wife and I are headed to Oahu on Monday for our "honeymoon" and first real vacation in over 2 years. Got any suggestions on what to see and where to go?

Right now we're planning on an all day snorkel trip and another day of sailing and sunset dinner sailing. We're staying on Waikiki but would like to head up to North Shore for a bit as well. Should we rent a car while we're in town or just taxi it every where except the trip to North Shore?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Eric

Hey, what's up Eric! Reston, huh. I was raised in Centreville, Fairfax County.

I'd say rent a car when you get here, taxi's are expensive.

All the subaru impreza guys on oahu hang here: i-club.com

Check this thread out:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69124

Post up there with any questions. You'll get more responses.

Happy honeymoon to you two!

Edit:\

Oh I misread your post a bit. If you're only gonna be in town, then I'd say you can walk mostly around waikiki. If you were gonna explore the island, definitely rent a car. Taxi's will cost a mint. We also have the best Bus system in the nation at your disposal as well.

hey. rent a car is a better option. taxi is pretty expensive. heres a few places to see

hike diamond head trail

drive up tantalus ave for nice scenic views of oahu

sandy beach

hanauma bay (this is probably where you'll be snorkeling)

waimea beach

haleiwa (while your there get some shave ice from tamashiros)

polynesian cultural center for a luau

ko'olina beach and resort (very nice beach)

paradise cove (right next to ko'olina)

john dominis restaurant by kaka'ako (i work at a dealership near there) *very high end restaurant w/ great food* aka EXPENSIVE lol

all i can think of right now.

hey. rent a car is a better option. taxi is pretty expensive. heres a few places to see

hike diamond head trail

drive up tantalus ave for nice scenic views of oahu

sandy beach

hanauma bay (this is probably where you'll be snorkeling)

waimea beach

haleiwa (while your there get some shave ice from tamashiros)

polynesian cultural center for a luau

ko'olina beach and resort (very nice beach)

paradise cove (right next to ko'olina)

john dominis restaurant by kaka'ako (i work at a dealership near there) *very high end restaurant w/ great food* aka EXPENSIVE lol

all i can think of right now.

Which dealership? I'm an car inspector/auditor for FHB. I go to the dealerships once a month, and walk the lots. Well i rotate dealers every so often with 2 co-workers, but holler at me if you see me.

One of the better dinner/sunset cruises is on the Navatek. The leave like a hour or so before sunset and cruise out in the ocean until its dark. The food is great on both levels. Top floor has the lobster/steak dinner for about $50 and the bottom floor has a buffet about half the price.

im a tech at cutter chevrolet

Which dealership? I'm an car inspector/auditor for FHB. I go to the dealerships once a month, and walk the lots. Well i rotate dealers every so often with 2 co-workers, but holler at me if you see me.

he's my coworker. he actually just traded it in for a silver evo x. he didnt like that my protune stage 2 lgt is faster than his wagon haha. you probably wont see my white lgt at work, thats what the beater accord is for.

Archived