LegacyGT.com

Finally! Ion issues resolved

rs6er

Some of you know I have been less than happy with the Ion springs I got for my Spec B. I complained that the rear was higher than the front and what really was making me crazy was that the car was slamming the suspension on every pothole and bump. I couldn't figure out why people liked them so much.

After speaking with Jack at Ion and sending him pictures, he felt that I might have received the wrong rears. He sent me another set, but they never reached me. I spoke to him again and told him that my biggest concern was the rattling of my teeth on every bump. I told him that I wouldn't even mind raising the front to the height of the rear, if that would solve my problem. So he sent me a set of front sport shocks. When they arrived, I could see that they were coiled with a thicker diameter steel than the ones on my car.

Last night I installed them. Today I test drove the car, and it was like driving someone else's car. I aimed at bumps and potholes and could not upset the ride. This is what I had been hoping for in the first place.

I called Jack, and he said that they had probably mistakenly sent me the sport rears in my first order. This made the rear stiffer than the front. Every time I hit a bump all the weight was shifting to the front of the car.

Now the car rides a little higher in the front than it did before, so it is level, but not quite the height that I had hoped for originally. I could probably switch to both the non-sport Spec B versions F+R and the car would be lower all around, but I am liking the ride a lot now, am in line for the RacSpec front lip, and I have decided that it looks fine. Also, when I get new tires, I will probably up the diameter slightly.

Sorry for the iPhone picturen quality:

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.0a64ae3790222e63bc9e0e9da8162139.jpg

Archived