LegacyGT.com

Nav system for 2006

iyamdman

I heard that the Nav systems will be out for 2006.

I also heard that they will be retrofitable to 2005's.

The questions are:

1) How much will they cost? What about installation?

2) Are they a good Nav system? I loved the one in Acura, but not the one in BMW or Infinity. Anyone know how the Subi Nav is?

3) When will the Retrofit Nav be availible in Cali?

G'Day..

1 ) Unsure

1A) Unsure

2 ) Unsure

2A) Unsure

3 ) Unsure

No confirmation at all as of yet if the NAV system will be installed in the New MY06 but as the months roll on, further information will come to hand regarding you list of questions. Stay Posted.

Adam.

Expect it to cost more than if you got it as a factory installed option. I know with the RX-8 it was a $2000 option, but to buy it aftermarket costs $2400 and that does not include installation. Also I think I read somewhere that you would have to get a new head unit, probably one with inputs for the navigation's audio. If I was forced to get a new head unit, hopefully it will play mp3's and have some sort of aux in capability. Also there is a setting on the ecu for navigation that has to be enabled, this would probably have to be done by the dealer.

I fully expect to have nav one way or another but I also expect it not to be cheap, hopefully the install is straightfoward. I am still deciding whether to wait for the factory navigation or go with the Alpine navigation in some sort of dual head unit set-up, using the cubby in the dash.

The navigation system is available in Holland, comes as standard on the 3.0 specB, optional on all other models. If you want it fitted on the other models, you'll have to order it separately, which costs about €4000 in parts, calculated into the current dollar rate, that makes about $5000....

The navigation system is available in Holland, comes as standard on the 3.0 specB, optional on all other models. If you want it fitted on the other models, you'll have to order it separately, which costs about €4000 in parts, calculated into the current dollar rate, that makes about $5000....

Looks like I will definitely be going the Alpine route if it's $5000, I just need to get the DIN bezel for the cubby.

Archived