LegacyGT.com

Wierd issue installing aftermarket stereo

matsayswhat

This is a 2006 LGT, I'm installing an aftermarket stereo using the JDM 1 Din kit and the male and female wiring harnesses (from SVX) so that I can retain climate control.

Now, if the stock HU is disconnected and the aftermarket is hooked up, it sounds PERFECT. It works beautifully.

But, as soon as I connect the main harness for the stock HU I get a static in the audio, especially highs. That's without turning the stock stereo or the climate control on. If I disconnect that harness, the static disappears instantly.

I've checked the connections on the wiring and everything seems to be good... the aftermarket HU working seems to further confirm that.

I'm admittedly not an audio expert so I'm hoping someone on here has an idea of what I did wrong or can give me some ideas of what I might additionally do to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance for any help!

how are you powering speakers. i removed the wires to the speakers from the harness and use rcas to my amp. Only wires connected to headunit are all the power wires, no speaker wires and mine sounds fine.

I'm powering the speakers off of the aftermarket HU, but they're connected inline to the harness, so the speakers are also technically hooked up to the stock HU.

Is your thought that even while off the stock HU may be sending signal to the speakers?

Are you using your factory head unit? If not just unhook the speakers from it. If you are I'm betting you are going to have to relay those speakers because you are feeding an output channel with input.

Archived