LegacyGT.com

Aluminum skid plates for ALL panels under the car...

Soda Popinski

I looked at the rallitek sites and the rally armor sites... etc... but I'm interested in more than just the under-engine skid plate. There are 2 more plastic underbody covers running along the sides of the car underneith. And I know you can do a rear skid plate.

I can't seem to find any vendors who do it, and searches turn up futile with pictures of the same things. :spin:

Anyone know of any side skid plates or a vendor that makes the front, sides and rear? :confused:

Thanks

Primitive Racing (http://www.get-primitive.com/) has front and rear ones. Don't know of any side pieces. Probably would have to be custom made.

http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/images/img-skid/2005+%20obxt%20skid_1.JPG

http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/images/img-skid/2005+%20lgt_obxt%20rear%20plate.JPG

I had the Rallitek front skid plate on the LGT and sold it earlier this year. I have a Primitive racing skid plate and rear diff cover for the STI. Both work well, however, wish the front skid plate covered more area underneath.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I'm thinking of the primitive one for my car cause I just wrecked my plastic one. I may try to fabricate something out of thin aluminum for the rest of the bottom, not for protection but for aero.

-mike

• 2 weeks later...
how does the front skidplate affect a shop for doing oil changes? or doesnt it affect it at all? would you recommend the 4" hole for the oil filter that primitive racing has as an option

I've had the Rallitek V1 plate for nearly a year now, and only once had an issue. A few months ago, the tech working on my car complained that the hole under the oil drain wasn't cut far enough towards the drain. He claimed that this caused oil to drip on the plate, which they had to clean up before they could return the car to me, forcing them to do extra labor. They'd serviced my car 3-4 times before this without mentioning any issues with the plate, so I asked for a different tech the next time I came in - no problems. :iam:

Having been down there myself, the oil might drip onto the plate if the car's front is higher than the rear (home oil changes, for example), but you can easily jam a piece of paper or thin cardboard up there to catch those drips and send them back towards the drain pan.

I'm interested in the Primitive plates - I don't think I'll be replacing mine anytime soon, but I know their name from the rally scene, and I didn't think they had one for the LGT. Sweet.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I've had the Rallitek V1 plate for nearly a year now, and only once had an issue. A few months ago, the tech working on my car complained that the hole under the oil drain wasn't cut far enough towards the drain. He claimed that this caused oil to drip on the plate, which they had to clean up before they could return the car to me, forcing them to do extra labor. They'd serviced my car 3-4 times before this without mentioning any issues with the plate, so I asked for a different tech the next time I came in - no problems. :iam:

Having been down there myself, the oil might drip onto the plate if the car's front is higher than the rear (home oil changes, for example), but you can easily jam a piece of paper or thin cardboard up there to catch those drips and send them back towards the drain pan.

I'm interested in the Primitive plates - I don't think I'll be replacing mine anytime soon, but I know their name from the rally scene, and I didn't think they had one for the LGT. Sweet.

As a DIY in the corner of my apartment complex oil-changer, this is one of the only reasons I have yet to get a skidplate. Even the stock plastic plate gives me problems with proper draining and ease of oil-filter access. I actually just take the whole skidplate off (about 2 mins of extra work) when I do oil changes and have yet to have a problem with messy oil spills - on the car at least, my clothes are another problem :lol:

brian

• 3 months later...
I had the Rallitek front skid plate on the LGT and sold it earlier this year. I have a Primitive racing skid plate and rear diff cover for the STI. Both work well, however, wish the front skid plate covered more area underneath.

Hope... who did you sell it too???

Archived