LegacyGT.com

Anyone try putting a remote starter on the 2.5i. I don't think the base 2.5i has immobilizer keys, so it should be easier (cheaper) to install one.

My wife's Taurus has immobilizer keys and they were able to do a remote starter - but it was more expensive than your everyday car starter install.

I think basically , you have to plant a key with chip inside the steering column VERY close to the ignition. Otherwise the car will not start!

Mike.......

That applies to GT models, but the 2.5i does not have the chopped key feature. WOHO, one thing the 2.5i has but the GT doesnt :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I think basically , you have to plant a key with chip inside the steering column VERY close to the ignition. Otherwise the car will not start!

Mike.......

A company I used to work for rebuilt salvage title cars and sold them to the public...

They did ghetto things like that...

if you have an immobilizer key... that's the point... the chip travels with the key... so if you don't have the key it doesn't start...

If you put the chip within reading distance and leave it there you no longer have a car with ignition imobilization... ANYONE can start the car as long as they either get the cylinder to turn or if they hot wire it...

Archived