LegacyGT.com

5EAT stge 2 not shifting

dazzen

I went stage 2 about 3 weeks ago on my 06 5EAT...running Cobbs 93 octane map.

Everything has been fine untill today. I've been driving rather conservatively the last few days but now when I floor it the car wont shift out of gear and keeps red-lining untill I release throttle. :spin:Any ideas:confused:

I went stage 2 about 3 weeks ago on my 06 5EAT...running Cobbs 93 octane map.

Everything has been fine untill today. I've been driving rather conservatively the last few days but now when I floor it the car wont shift out of gear and keeps red-lining untill I release throttle. :spin:Any ideas:confused:

How about when you just drive at less than WOT? Does it shift then?

It shifts fine at normal driving, normal/easy driving for me is around 3000 rpms when I get off the gas. I found this other thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48634&highlight=5eat+shifting

sounds similar to my issue. I was only driving the car easy for about 20 minutes when I went WOT and it hit the rev limiter. Maybe the tranny fluid wasn't warmed up enough ?

It shifts fine at normal driving, normal/easy driving for me is around 3000 rpms when I get off the gas. I found this other thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48634&highlight=5eat+shifting

sounds similar to my issue. I was only driving the car easy for about 20 minutes when I went WOT and it hit the rev limiter. Maybe the tranny fluid wasn't warmed up enough ?

If you had been driving for 20 minutes you gave it enough time to warm up. It sounds like you need the 1.17 Cobb map which raises/changes the rev limit and eliminates this fairly common problem.

At almost every stage of my car's development I encountered this, but because I have ST all I had to do was raise the rev limit and change what happened. When I had other tunes and it got cold, or when I made more power it happened. When I installed the 380 it was there big time and I had to raise the limit to 7200rpm.

I'm running the Version 1.17 cobb map, thats why I cant understand why its not shifting.

Do you think maybe the ECU is still learning and since I've been driving so easy lately that the car is slow in reacting??

I'll reload the V 1.17 map and see if that takes care of it but maybe with easy driving this issue might return...considering that its a map issue to begin with.

What would be good is a log of the behavior, to see exactly what's happening. Like the actual rev limit that is hit since when it happens it is close to impossible to determine that.

Have you done anything else to increase power? Gotten cold out?

Have you noticed any odd behavior, like slipping, in 4th when going up a hill at WOT with the 5EAT downshifting automatically? (That is when I first noticed mine slipping... before the thing went bad :()

I'm betting the reflash of the 1.17 will take care of it.

No power increases, weather is the same, standard stage 2 set up...STI up, Cobb catted DP and mid-piping, cobb intake. Auto trans bushing.

The only odd thing which maybe was me just over thinking the situation was a couple of days before this rev limiter issue began I went WOT a few times and it felt like the car wasn't pulling as hard as it normally does. I continued to drive around and after going WOT a few more times The car pulled hard like always. Theres no noticeable gears being missed or slippage. I have a tranny cooler and I've always babied the transmission, 95% of driving is always easy. I really cant believe its a transmission issue. When I go 85% WOT the car shifts fine its only when the pedal is floored 100% that it hits the rev limiter .

So I just attempted to reload the V117 in my car and after I confirmed the stage 2 V117 it said uploading map for 2 seconds and then told me to disconnect the test points. The access port must have recognized that I already was using the V117 and so the upload was not necessary. Then like normal the car started-up on the third try.

I'm going to drive around now and see what happens. I will do a data log hopefully tomorrow or the next day if I still have this issue.

Archived