LegacyGT.com

High Miles...what kind of maintenance?

I have a 2005 (delivered Sept.05) LegacyGT sedan, Automatic.

I am just about to hit 75k and am starting to wonder what sorts of big maintenance items are in the near future. The manuals don't offer a ton of guidance, neither does the maintenance schedule at the dealership.

I get all of my maintenance done at Manchester Subaru, in NH. In addition to oil changes religiously every 3k, I had a 60k "level D" service done in November. I don't recall them replacing any belts, just lubricating, checking hoses, replacing spark plugs.

I drive 25k/year so I will be hitting the 100k mark soon enough, and am wondering what are the high dollar items that might need replacing soon?

Timing belt? Water pump? Other stuff? I'm hoping to take good care of this car and by doing the proper preventive maintenance, have her last a couple hundred thousand miles.

I *HAVE* searched the forums, but haven't found much conclusive about specific recommendations, other than some people doing the timing belt at 90k.

Thanks in advance, I'm not a very mechanical person so appreciate the input on this stuff instead of having the dealership try to sell me on some un-needed maintenance.

Timing belt is probably the one that you should worry about, it costs some, but better be safe than sorry on that part.

Water pump is replacement only if needed, no need to replace a working part. Other belts can be replaced easily and if it's in good condition it's no need to replace it.

453747.png

Archived