LegacyGT.com

LGT I have a ACT Clutch & Flywheel problem!!!

CRAZY KEN

I just had an ACT clutch & flywheel installed on Saturday. When I went to pickup the car after hours, the clutch pedals goes all the way down easier than my stock and STAYS DOWN. I have to tuck my toes underneath to pop it back up. I can shift into 1st ... no problem, but always stall because i have to pop it up...it wont allow me to ease the clutch.

What could it be? Help!!!

CRAZY KEN

...no one can help me! ;(

It's almost a week and I'm Legacyless!!!

Help,

CRAZY KEN...getting Crazier by the minute...to top things off the shop is on vacation for a week...boohooohooo.

...installer/business is on vacation for a week!

I will have them check return spring, bleed system and check for leaks when they get back...as of now...I have been pimping in the wifes company car for a week (toyota corolla- love the gas mileage- hate the performance! ;) ) while wifey enjoys benz! :l

CRAZY KEN

No, that spring was to alleviate throw out bearing noise and has nothing to do with the issue described here by the OP.

If he has the return spring installed and it is too tight(backing fluid up into the master cyl); it will cause the pedal to drop to the floor when pressed. I think the extra spring pressure moves the MC piston back just enough to release the pressure in the clutch line. It's as if the pedal sucks it's self to the floor after about an inch or two of travel.

If this is the case; he just needs to bend the bracket towards the clutch fork just a little to relieve some spring tension. You want just enough pull to quiet the TOB, more is not better. Mine still makes the noise when I lightly rest my foot on the pedal, but it's been working for almost a year now.

Let's kick this pig!

If he has the return spring installed and it is too tight(backing fluid up into the master cyl); it will cause the pedal to drop to the floor when pressed. I think the extra spring pressure moves the MC piston back just enough to release the pressure in the clutch line. It's as if the pedal sucks it's self to the floor after about an inch or two of travel.

If this is the case; he just needs to bend the bracket towards the clutch fork just a little to relieve some spring tension. You want just enough pull to quiet the TOB, more is not better. Mine still makes the noise when I lightly rest my foot on the pedal, but it's been working for almost a year now.

it has to do with the spring etc...just as he has replied here... mine did the same thing and qik slvr helped me out...i pointed op in the right direction

it has to do with the spring etc...just as he has replied here... mine did the same thing and qik slvr helped me out...i pointed op in the right direction

Okay, I'll defer to you, but the one instance I saw in person, the spring was there only to put slight pressure to prevent the TOB noise and there was never any hint of the clutch pedal falling flat at the floor.

ignore him, he'll go away.

...this is great support!!!

SO...what you guys are saying is if I do the TOB noise/vibration fix...it will also eliminate my clutch pedal from staying stuck on the floor!

RIGHT???

thanks again,

CRAZY KEN...not so Crazy now! Can't wait to tackle this again.

The return spring is added...it isn't already there...

my car did the same exact thing that yours is doing, we added the spring and the issue went away.

I am doing a second clutch on my car this week, we will see how it goes this time around.

...Got a pic of this mysterious return spring (how long what is the tension rating-lbs.???) and exactly where does it go? THANKS!

And why do you need a 2nd ACT Clutch...did you burn through it already....sounds very disconcerting!

CRAZY KEN

Check this thread. It's my SPEC review, but it has the "clutch fork return spring" install with pics. I give all the specs in post #10 and there are a couple pictures showing what is under the intercooler, where you need to bolt the bracket and where to hook the spring.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78095

Let's kick this pig!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

...towed my car to the guy who put it in...He bled the system again...worked the clutch a few times...made some minor adjustments to the clutch cable...never did spring tension mod...and it has been working flawlessly for almost 3 months!

CK

Archived