LegacyGT.com

Bilstein + SpecB JDM springs = Heaven

xenon expert

As unclemat says....boy the stock suspension sucks!!!! :lol: I knew that and had all the parts necessary but work plus moving etc....made me endure that stock suspension too long.

This week I decided that I would put my JDM Bilstein Rev.a + SpecB JDM wagon springs on my car....wow.:eek:...This is how the car should have came from Subaru. Why they put the stock crap we have is beyond me. While stock is rough at low speed on bad streets and underdamped at high speed on good roads (So crappy results in both situations) I find the bilsteins great in the city and great at higher speed. This is a must mod on a car like this. I added the JDM RSB and it's perfect for me as a daily driver.

Suspension tastes are really subjective and I find that I drove cars in the past with much "stiffer" suspensions than the bilsteins. While Rev.A Bilsteins are supposed to be the stiffer version, which I was worried about, they are definitely not too stiff for me. Perfect. :wub:

I didn't want to lower the car due to snow in the winter here and the fact that my driveway has a slope that means that anything lower than stock and I won't be able to get into my garage. JDM SpecB springs are a nice fit.

Pics to come this weekend

Oliver

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking the Bilstein HD's will be a little too stiff for my tastes, so I was figuring on some JDM Bilsteins as well. I do however want a little drop - need to close those wheel gaps...

Where did you get your parts from and how much were they? I'm looking at the exact same setup.

Are there any spring revisions or is that only for the shocks themselves? Thanks.

I bought it from Kevin at http://www.5mileimports.com/ Price is ~ 700 + shipping. No spring revisions. Only for the struts.

Oliver

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking the Bilstein HD's will be a little too stiff for my tastes, so I was figuring on some JDM Bilsteins as well. I do however want a little drop - need to close those wheel gaps...

I'm actually going to sell my previous set up that was never installed...I have Bilstein HD with SpecB Top hats, STI pinks springs, JDM LGT springs. LOL...yeah....I like having options.

All of them new and were going to be installed when I sat the deal Kevin made me. Now, I need to make room in my garage and sell those when I get back from vacation in 3 weeks :lol:

They seem to be out of them. Did it come with the springs or did you have to source the separately.

Any other vendors you or someone else know of who can get these parts? Thanks!

Came with everything. It was a direct swap.

You can contact unclemat also. He has some sources to get these and he has like 20 different suspension setup for his LGT :lol:

In 3 weeks I will sell my Bilstein HD struts, STI pinks springs and JDM LGT wagon springs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived