LegacyGT.com

I see a speeding ticket in my future....

let me know what you think of it-- i am seriously considering getting one --

the only thign keeping me from doing it right now is that my car is still in the break in period (about 200 miles on it right now) -- i think it'd be better to wait until at least a thousand or so miles before i attempt any kind of upgrades.

ECU tuning can raise the HO/TQ by changing the engine management, and int the 5EAT I am sure it changes the shifting of the car.

So how much HP would that CobbTunning accessport add?

I can't see how changing the car's shift-patterns is worth $650. Especially when you can do it yourself with the sportshift.

I can't see how changing the car's shift-patterns is worth $650. Especially when you can do it yourself with the sportshift.

Check out these dyno's. It adds around 14% HP and Torque on a stage 1 map.

It is a very noticable change in how the car drives.

John

Trust me the AP is definitely worth the $650! The AP changes the air/fuel mappings as well as increasing boost throughout. This cannot be done w/ the sportshift.

In spite of figuring I'd never mod this car, I'm chafing at the bit for the AP. ;)

But I have to admit that I'm a little spooked by the fact that the dealership I bought from said it'd void my warranty if I put STi pinks on - doesn't bode well if they smell 'tuning'... :eek:

BTW - I'm 42 and I got my first ever points on my license on Monday night - and what's worse I was driving my wife's Toyota Sienna at the time - I78 in Greewich Twp NJ - total trap - 64mph on the interstate - nailed me for 14 mph over as it was marked a 'construction zone' - mandatory court appearance to boot - two points - not like I was street racing or anything :(

In spite of figuring I'd never mod this car, I'm chafing at the bit for the AP. ;)

But I have to admit that I'm a little spooked by the fact that the dealership I bought from said it'd void my warranty if I put STi pinks on - doesn't bode well if they smell 'tuning'... :eek:

BTW - I'm 42 and I got my first ever points on my license on Monday night - and what's worse I was driving my wife's Toyota Sienna at the time - I78 in Greewich Twp NJ - total trap - 64mph on the interstate - nailed me for 14 mph over as it was marked a 'construction zone' - mandatory court appearance to boot - two points - not like I was street racing or anything :(

From someone from a similar birth year, I feel ya man (re: the AP)!

As far as the ticket goes, fight it. You may end up with a reduced fine + court costs, and most importantly, no points.

for those with the AP -- what kind of difference has it made to your gas mileage?

is it possible to set up the stock settings as the base map and just use the realtime maps to switch between the other modes when you're in the mood for something a bit sportier?

Well after installed (Stage 1 with 93oct) on friday and tak'n 2 trips. Here is my Comp's mileage count (did both trips twice)

Trip One Setting (Work): 37 mile trip - two lane highway ave speed 70mph. Punching it at a few of the lights. Before AP - 24.6 miles per gallon, After AP 23.4

Trip Two Setting (Hockey Rink): 22 mile trip - Two Lane open Highway, to 4 lane open highway. Before 24.2 mpg After - 23.6

Haven't had time to test a lot, but it seems like the loss isn't as much as I expected it to be. Also note that sometimes it takes 50 + miles to let the AP and ECU fully adjust to the new Map (or so I've read) I'll post more numbers as I test more.....IMHO, loos'n 1 - 2 miles per gallon is SO SO WORTH IT. And I drive 500 miles a week easy =)

Archived