LegacyGT.com

Reparing Leather Scuffs

Not really. If you scuff the leather it is just like scratching the paint. Material has been removed and you can't just lotion it up and have it repair itself. Leatherique has some products for leather repair that can replace material from cracks and scuffs, but it is beyond a simple conditioner. Check out http://www.leatherique.com for more information about that. You have to know the color code for your leather or send them a scrap and then they mix you a product that you can use to repair it. Other than a product like that, I don't know of any other way to actually repair a scuff.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmmm. Maybe I'll take it to the dealership some time. I let them talk me into buying the protective coating, interior and exterior, which I'm convinced they did not even apply (the paint needed waxing a few weeks after purchase and there were tape marks on the paint from the film they deliver the cars with).

That protection plan also comes with service and they claim they'll repair scuffs and small cuts in the leather, though I don't hold much for hope for these scumbags who charged me $650 and didn't even apply their magical protectant to achieve the impossible and make scuff marks disappear.

Dear god why did you buy the "protective coating"? $650??!! Wow.

ALL cars come from the factory with protective coating, it's called paint and undercoating. If you want fabric protection buy a can of 3M Scotchgaurd (that is all the dealer does anyway, but they charge you $300 for the service). To protect the paint and leather, wax/sealant your car and apply protectant/conditioner to the leather.

Just as a little tidbit of fact for you... For years the 'protective coating' that many Lexus and Mercedes dealerships would sell for several hundred dollars was simply Klasse SG. They would charge extra to prep the vehicle for delivery by removing the transport sheets and all the leftover adhesive and then they would charge a premium for a coat of SG and tell you it was a fancy imported acrylic sealant that was made for your paint. That is pretty much the same pitch that any dealership will give you when trying to sell you a sealant treatment. It is snake oil and useless. They should be prosecuted for fraud on those sales alone if you ask me.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived