LegacyGT.com

Broken Rear Door Glass

CwhillVT

So my car got broken into last night. They punched out my passanger side rear window. A lovely sight at 7am on my way to work. Anyways- my deductable is $250. Does anyone know where I can buy that piece of glass and do it myself? I already called the dealer, they want $219 for just the glass. Are there independant companies that would stock it or be able to get it cheaper? For it to be worth my effort I am thinking $150 or so otherwise I will just file the claim and have the dealer do the whole thing.

RANT time. These smash and grap thieves are amazing to me. How stupid can they be. They broke out my window to steal my radar detector. Had they opened my center console or glove box or even my dash cubby they would have found an Mp3 player, sirius radio and my gps. Instead they got my radar detector which is worthless to any pawn shop as it was hard wired and has no cig lighter plug on it. I got broken into once before in a different car. They over looked my tool box and cd wallet only to take my pos indash cd player. Its just amazing than anyone would risk being arrested for MAYBE 20 or 30 bucks worth of loot. end Rant.

well first off you can call an Independent auto glass company and they can get you the window which im sure will be cheaper then the dealership. Second most of these smash and grab auto thefts are crimes of opportunity. Also most of these types of crimes are committed by Juveniles. We just arrested 2 juveniles who broke into 10 cars at the mall to steal change, cellphones, cigaretts, ect.

Call some independent shops like DirtE30 suggested. They will atleast get you a better price than the dealer and they can still go through insurance if you want to.

Were you in Bmore when this happened? Nothing suprises me there.

Archived