LegacyGT.com

Anybody not break there engel eyes

Well I ordered the ccfl dde from rpm. They do state that there fragile, but they didn’t stand a chance in my delicate hands:lol:. First one might have been broke upon delivery (unsure) but I gently tried to undo the packing tape that it is strapped down with. The ring was broke as soon as it was freed from the tape. I definitely don’t want to blame RPM completely but it wasn’t packaged the best. Just taped down in-between some styrophome pieces and put in a plain card board box. Wires were neatly placed in their box but just floating around in there. No instructions but there are some posted on this forum. Well anyway light #2 made out of the tape and placed around the ring of my high beam projector. I started to position the light to make it look the least obvious that it wasn’t a complete circle, and hide the wires the best I could. The rings are larger than our lights so I was trying to get an idea how much pressure to put on the ring to close the gap...answer.... NONE!!! Do not try and compress the natural size of the ring it will snap with almost no pressure at all. So now I have one ring left and im giving up. Maybe one of you guys have a ring left over from your install. (RPM gives you 3 rings) and would like to part with it for cheap. As of know I have what appears to be a $5 dollar light and a $80 wiring harness :mad: At this point I would not recommend this mode

I just finished my angel eye mod. Don't feel bad I did the same thing you did and try to close the gap. That snap sound just sounded so painful. I contacted RPM about the gap and sent pictures and they said they have always sold that size. For what it's worth here are the picture i sent:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2482/dsc05348fk9.th.jpg

And i just made it look like this:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9586/dsc05350xc6.th.jpg

I just received and installed mine last week and was miraculously able to keep them from breaking. After reading all the posts about breaking them I was absolutely terrified! My buddy wouldn't even hand me one because of the fear I had instilled in him. Oh well, they're in and they look awesome! I also hooked them up to the signals with a relay so that they flash with the remote lock/unlock/trunk release. It's the only way that I really get to see them other than when I'm parked.

Archived