LegacyGT.com

HID help, thanks

Alex1

Hey all, so i have searched and read most of the HID posts but im still slightly confused...

1) whats teh diffrence between blueish bulbs and an entire new head light system??

Prices, brightness... ect...

2) what companies are the best

3) what are the measuremants of power? like 1200 watt or whateer the name is you guys call them....

I wana get HIDS like on my dads porshe, there so bright and blue there awesome....

thanks for the help

-Alex

our low beams are H7s, you could also fit D2S's which is what I did. Now D2S are the OEM setups for Mercedes Benz and BMWs, not sure if thats the case for porsches, but the lights is slightly differnt from H7s, Im not sure for what reason though.

The ones I got are 4300k, which is what BMWs have, so from far away, you'd think its a BMW or Acura, which is what I wanted.

our low beams are H7s, you could also fit D2S's which is what I did. Now D2S are the OEM setups for Mercedes Benz and BMWs, not sure if thats the case for porsches, but the lights is slightly differnt from H7s, Im not sure for what reason though.

The ones I got are 4300k, which is what BMWs have, so from far away, you'd think its a BMW or Acura, which is what I wanted.

Do they light the road as well the Bi-Xenons though? If they do I'd be interested in getting them as thats one of the huge features I miss becuase the BMW lights are amazing.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Over the Hills and Far Away

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

thank you, that is exactly what i wanted to know... i thought OEM was a performance part manufacturer... guess they make everything....

so the d 2 s is a bulb? or an entire setup... if its a setup, does that effect the stuff inside our headlight, like the circle eye like thing we see? cuz i like that, its awesome

also how much if you dont mind me asking, or a link would be good ,thanks again

-alex

Do they light the road as well the Bi-Xenons though? If they do I'd be interested in getting them as thats one of the huge features I miss becuase the BMW lights are amazing.

They do, I will try to capture a video that show how exactly they look. But let me tell you, the legacy is so much nicer with xenon lights.

OEM= Original equipment manufacturor, this means every single part on a stock car are OEM.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Boogie With Stu

They do, I will try to capture a video that show how exactly they look. But let me tell you, the legacy is so much nicer with xenon lights.

Well they are not truley Xenons are they? Just bulbs that plug in the standard lights or are they totally new units exactly like the ones found on the BMW. Would be very interested in seeing them on video though, thanks.

thank you, that is exactly what i wanted to know... i thought OEM was a performance part manufacturer... guess they make everything....

so the d 2 s is a bulb? or an entire setup... if its a setup, does that effect the stuff inside our headlight, like the circle eye like thing we see? cuz i like that, its awesome

also how much if you dont mind me asking, or a link would be good ,thanks again

-alex

OEM = original equipment manufacturer.

D2S is the bulb, the entire setup could be anything, the one I bought was universal, which is why I had to trim the light cover a bit in order to fit them.

this is what I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7932118228

Well they are not truley Xenons are they? Just bulbs that plug in the standard lights or are they totally new units exactly like the ones found on the BMW. Would be very interested in seeing them on video though, thanks.

they are true xenons, not just a blue colored bulb. I had to install the whole kit. which you can see on the ebay link I gave.

Sorry stupidity missed the link, yes those are definatley the look I'm used to. Do they have the autoleveling feature though? Sorry I ask many question when deciding on things I like to know everything.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Misty Mountain Hop

ok so I got a small clip with my digital camera, I started recording as soon as I turned the lights on, so you can see they're still bluish, after few seconds it gets lighter. This video might not look very clear, but it might do it for you, if not let me know i'll try some other time.

http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~k_murywe/Pictures/MVI_6777.AVI

no they're not very blue, I took the video as soon as I turned them on, and you know that they're really blue at first then they start too get brighter,

And they are 4300k, I will try to take another video after keeping the lights on for a while, which should give you a sense on how exactly the color looks.

All OEM HID systems use the 4300K bulb. The optics of the headlight (projector/reflector design) determine the quality and color of the output. Take at look at our headlights, we have a VERY sharp cutoff with a rainbow at cutoff line and a very white output. This is because of the design of the projector optics. Try finding a buddy with a car that has H7 headlights, and swap bulbs. You'll see that the output will appear exactly the same (taking into account the life of the bulb and assuming a normal NON Blue bulb). Our bulbs are normal everyday H7 (Sylvnia, I think) bulbs.

Back to the point, because its the optics not the bulb that varies, people then try to get different colors out of their headlight buy using colored bulbs, but my recommendation is, if you go the HID route, ONLY go with the 4300k bulbs. That would be the Phillips 85122 bulb. You should get some impressive results considering the already high quality of our housings, and the identical H7/D2S focal points.

Also, check out the thread I'm going to post on using HIR bulbs in the high beams.

Archived