LegacyGT.com

Spiff down mod?

wayne53

I need to put my front lisense plate on. :( The cops around here are big meanies. :mad: I've been without it for several months and have yet to be stopped, though I know more than a few that have. Should I just put it in the window? Or should I punch those damn dimples out and hang it the right way?

Not to mention the Texas plates are fugly!! If I do put it on I need a good personalized plate, but I really don't want one just to have one. It needs to be good! What can you spell with 6 numbers/letters

-Tyler

Bend it in all sorts of silly angles and then put it in your trunk and say someone backed into you and your waiting on a new one.

Song of Post- The Doors- Light My Fire

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Aluminum L-brackets.. unless you want some JDM-ness to your car, get this:

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?id=238&cat=3&prodID=JKkGhHhceDfbiEd

btw, 80 km/h is just about 48 mph.

http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/taka/238_0.jpg

http://www.takakaira.com sells it at $100 USD (without shipping, it's from Japan).. you can find similar types in the US for a lot less... you can try http://www.autoloc.com

Keefe

Keefe

In Singapore we are more prone to Speed traps (Speed cameras).

As such, I am currently trying to locate a special type of plastic film which I heard available in Japan to stick over the reg. plate...wat it does is with naked eye you can see the reg. plate (looks normal) but its blinding to the Speed cameras as the film will distort the visibility of the reg. plate when there is glare from the flash of the camera...

hehehe anyone came across something like this???

EA

In Singapore we are more prone to Speed traps (Speed cameras).

As such, I am currently trying to locate a special type of plastic film which I heard available in Japan to stick over the reg. plate...wat it does is with naked eye you can see the reg. plate (looks normal) but its blinding to the Speed cameras as the film will distort the visibility of the reg. plate when there is glare from the flash of the camera...

hehehe anyone came across something like this???

EA

I havent tried it but this stuff says it will work. No IPass no problem!

http://www.phantomplate.com/

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Industry_Tuner_News/article_936.shtml

Mines in my trunk =)

2 years without a front plate, never been pulled over....if I do a quick story tell him its in my trunk and I plan on getting right on it.....and honestly the dealer didn't put it on, it was in my back seat....so I was like WTF I'll just leave it off......(prob would've tak'n it off anyway =)

Start Vent:

PA sux.....your cops are Aholes......I've driven back and forth to WI 12+ times....through the night...ave speed 83......80% of the time I get a ticket in PA. Never anywhere else on the 17 hour drive......a total of 4 tickets over the trips. I don't even have that many tickets in MA where I've been driving my whole life......and the kick in the pants is that I'm only in PA for like an hour, it's the shortest state of the trip.........

End Vent:

The Amish Rock, When i went to seseame place we bough homeade jugs of rootbeer...the sh!t was AWESOME...

Start Vent:

PA sux.....your cops are Aholes......I've driven back and forth to WI 12+ times....through the night...ave speed 83......80% of the time I get a ticket in PA. Never anywhere else on the 17 hour drive......a total of 4 tickets over the trips. I don't even have that many tickets in MA where I've been driving my whole life......and the kick in the pants is that I'm only in PA for like an hour, it's the shortest state of the trip.........

End Vent:

The Amish Rock, When i went to seseame place we bough homeade jugs of rootbeer...the sh!t was AWESOME...

Pa sucks because our cops actually do their jobs ? You *were* speeding..

help me wrap my head around that

100 bucks says that 80% of the time you speed too.....55 highway, you are def go 56 or higher...but that wasn't my point or anything like that....yes I was speeding and I deserved the tickets....i didn't complain about them did I =). I paid them all no complaints. I break the law, I don't expect a break...it's my fault........but no one on the road 4am...other cops let me go, or flashed me to slow down....hence my PA cops are Aholes comment......:D

I don't think PA sux......just find it funny that it's the only place I get nabbed cuz they are "do'n their job" which is awesome....for the cows at 4am

Boy did we hyjack this thread...I'm done...SORRY

PA cops are wierd on the roads I travel... I'm on I-81 and the Northeast Ext. of the Turnpike often, and they are arround sometimes, but are always out during holidays. Best advice is to look for potential hiding spots (rock ridges, etc) and just keep an eye out when going through those areas. Most of the time, you'll be safe crusing 5-10 over the posted limit.

Oh, and if you see yellow signs saying 'Agressive driver zone', slow down. They now double fines in those zones, not to mention patrol them much more agressively regardless.

PS- The Amish are cool.

keefe, I don't think that mount would work on out cars? The mounting holes are too high and that splitter in the middle of the bumper is in the way of it flipping back.

-Tyler

Extend the bracket just a little bit.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived