LegacyGT.com

Subwoofer question

ChgoMike

I have an Outback wagon and am thinking about adding a subwoofer. I would like one that is small and inconspicuous. Does anyone think a sub can be mounted in the storage compartments in the trunk? It would have to be pretty small, granted, but that would be a great location if it would fit. Any thoughts?

I concur. I had the factory LGT sound system without the OEM subwoofer for about 3 months. Got the sub installed at my local dealer during the holiday break.

I must say I really enjoy the subtle yet meaningful way the factory sub enhances the sound quality. Its not too obtrusive (no teeth rattling), its always on so you don't have to worry about it, and its practically "invisible". In fact, I've never actually seen it!

With a wagon you will get to enjoy all the free amplification the open rear end can provide. Whether you go with a stock amplified sub or the aftermarket equalivent of your choice, install it in the trunk for a free bass boost.

Some of the larger stores (Circuit City, etc) should be able to let you audition a powered sub in your own car. This used to be the case with the Bazooka line anyway.

Archived