LegacyGT.com

AP V1 Question...

skratch16

I think the general consensus on this forum from the posts I've read is that a V1 AP for a 2005 will not work on a 2005.5 LGT. However, I've called Cobb to ask if the issue would be resolved with the latest firmware update, to which they (2 different people) answered yes! One of them really makes me question this, though, because he said that there shouldn't be an issue, regardless of the firmware update.

I really respect the knowledge base on this forum, but I can't think of a reason Cobb would tell me it will work when it won't, especially if it's keeping them from a potential sale of a new AP.

Can anyone clear the waters for me on this matter?

I did look into this when I got an AP used a while back. Yes the 05.5 only effects the 5EAT and the only differance is that they took out a fuel tank pressure sensor. You can update the AP to run 05.5 firmware and it will be fine. On the other hand if you have an 05 it will run 05.5 maps fine.

I did look into this when I got an AP used a while back. Yes the 05.5 only effects the 5EAT and the only differance is that they took out a fuel tank pressure sensor. You can update the AP to run 05.5 firmware and it will be fine. On the other hand if you have an 05 it will run 05.5 maps fine.

This is the answer I was looking for. I appreciate the help!

I wonder who you talked to. I had this resolved with one phone call. I can't remember who I talked to, but he told me what I needed to do and sent me the firmware update.

Basically the firmware update only affects you if you reflash back to stock.

I talked with Law and Sean at Cobb. They both told me the same thing, but I had convinced myself otherwise before I even called. It took me a while (along with help from this forum and assurance from Jorge @ P&L) to realize I was just flat out wrong.

Archived