LegacyGT.com

T-Mobile?

Weasel

I am thinking of switching to T-Mobile wireless from ATT/Cingular and was wondering if anyone with this carrier share their experience. I rarely use my cell phone and need to downgrade to the lowest rate plan which T-Mobile offers. Dublin/Pleasanton area. Thanks

I went from ATT to T-Mobile over a year ago, because there was no coverage when I attended school in NY. I like their service, always available on major roadways, but seems to drop off locally a little sooner than ATT's coverage did arround here. Good quality voice, always works, and no roaming. Plus Mrs. Zeta-Jones is your spokeswoman. ;)

T-Mobile sucks so bad, service is worthles and as well as the customer service. I had the color Sidekick and went through 3 of them in less then a year and broke my contract and payed the $200 fee for doing so. I switched to Cingular and have no complaints or regrets except the Nokia 3300 is a bit tough to dial while driving at night. :lol:

Even though I'm not in the SF area and can't really help you out, I have a few suggestions to make. First, ask your friends/family where you live what kind of rf reception you get. Coverage and signal are regional so its best not to listen to someone from Florida about how great Sprint is. Second, if you don't use it that often, you may want to try switching from a plan to pre-paid. If you want more info I suggest you check out Howard Forums. They have forums for all the major carriers as well as pre-paid stuff. Good luck!

Mark

I am thinking of switching to T-Mobile wireless from ATT/Cingular and was wondering if anyone with this carrier share their experience. I rarely use my cell phone and need to downgrade to the lowest rate plan which T-Mobile offers. Dublin/Pleasanton area. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Both my brother and I have ATT and service is pretty good...i live in both SF and Davis and works well for both areas and pretty much the whole bay area for that matter. My brother signed up for T-Mobile in addition to ATT and it sucks...no reception many times. It aslo depends on your phone too...I used to have a tri-band Samsung V206 but switched to a Motorola RAZR V3 and reception went up. Now i get service where i didnt before...the phone is quad-band...

Archived