LegacyGT.com

Austin Subaru Dealers - Service Questions

Gary Bechtold

Hey guys, if you really want some good BBQ, go to Louis Mueller in Taylor, Tx. http://www.louiemuellerbarbecue.com/ or Kreuz BBQ http://www.kreuzmarket.com/index.shtml in Lockhart, Tx. Mueller has some of the best ribs in the world and Kreuz smokes prim rib to die for, both are a little drive from town, but both in scenic little towns.. Rudy's is fine, but to put it in terms you can best understand, why go to Chicago to eat pizza in a Pizza Hut? The only problem is that you need to call before driving as both places stop smoking on Saturday morning. I have been to both on different Saturdays to find them out of BBQ...

I go to Austin Subaru (near Highland Mall) because it's close to me, Gillman Subaru (South IH 35) gave a slightly better user experience (haven't been there in 18+ months though).

Gillman always returned the car washed. Austin Subaru never has (even for the expensive 60K miles service which includes the timing belt replacement). Neither place really hurries up unless you sit and wait for your car.

There's good pizza in Austin, but nothing that's real similar to Lou Malnati's or Gino's.

Go to Saccone's (way north) for "Jersey" style pizza.

HomeSlice is good (South Congress), as is Salvation (on 34th street) but it's kinda gourmet. And East Side Pies is good, but pick up only.

• 2 weeks later...
Go to Georgetown Subbie and ask for David at the parts counter. they just opened that dealership this year, David is my older brother. From what he has told me there are some decent guys in that shop. I'm trying to get him involved in this board and NASIOC. He says there is a tuner in Austin that is fairly serious.

Archived