LegacyGT.com

Hood Scoop Cover Returns!!!

mwiener2

I found a much better use for a hood scoop cover. Rather than using it to keep water out, use it to keep heat in. When it's in the single digits, I swear I the engine looses all it's heat in less than 30 min. You can actually watch the heat escape the scoop in convection currents. Only prob is I'm gonna have to keep a midgit in the trunk that will get out and plug the scoop whenever i turn off the engine and then take it out for me when i start the engine.

Maybe if we got real fancy, we could design a damper that would open and close on it's own.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

That would be easy to make, get aluminum sheet metal, get a cruise control vacum servo. And install aluminum flap hinged from the top. then run a cable from the flap to the vacum servo and hook up the servo to a vacum line so that when the engine is running the servo pulls the flap open.

Guest JessterCPA

Early GTO Ram Air cars had a cable leading into the interior to open/close the scoops.

Its in the lower left under the dash in this picture (little hard to see, best I could find):

http://ultimategto.com/frameoff/70judg06.jpg

Archived