LegacyGT.com

Anyone experience any fluttering?

I am experiencing some fluttering sounds in the cabin with the windows up or down (less noticable) during acceleration - not necessarily WOT. Does anyone know what that is and how to fix this?

I have a 05 LGT 5M with TSX flex up, Perrin DP, mid/y and Nur Spec mufflers, KN Typhoon intake. otherwise all stock.

Any help is most appreciated. Also, anyone want to trade my Nur Spec for your stock cans?

thanks!

fluttering is normal and nothing to be afraid of apparently. i heard it more with stage 2. so i wouldnt worry too much.

compressor surge sounds completely different and people've gotten it confused. but rest assured u dont have compressor surge during acceleration.

hope this helps

car for sale. PM me!

I'm 'stage 1' with an OTS and I flutter like crazy the whole time I'm accelerating. Apparently perfectly 'normal' though not really ideal. Compressor surge as I understand it will sound more like a machine gun than a flutter -- much more harsh than just the flitting air sound.

Lawl & shadowwing : thanks a bunch! This is what I'm talking about! This forum rocks!

Anyway at all to eliminate the flutter?

Substitude fixed his:

^ Do you have a general idea of where the flutter is coming from?

I had a fluttering sound a few months ago & I could tell it was somewhere near the engine bay... found the exhaust leak at the passenger side crosspipe-exhaust manifold gasket.

See post #24 on this thread for pics:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77494&page=2&highlight=remflex

Did you use new OEM gaskets?

I'm going to try this. Any other forumites who have experienced this and have it resolved?

Thanks!

Archived