LegacyGT.com

Future subaru cars that i'd like to see

i'm thinking subaru should work on the following

1. All new justy 2 door hatch with the 2.0 turbo to compete with (or should i say own) the civic type r and vw gti/r32, based on a shortened wrx platform and keep it under wrx price. i would think it would be a hit with the better weight/power ratio than a rex. Think peugeot 206 in terms of size and design inspiration.

2. SVX with the 6-turbo powerplant with about 350+hp in coupe and t-top form to compete/own with SL's M3's and S4 convertibles,g35 coupe segment

3. a small awd 2.0/2.2 turbo powered convertible/roadster to compete/own with the miata/mazdaspeed, s2k, clk, tt, skyy, z4, etc. segment

not for an image really but more to cover other market segments.

considering that they have the powerplants and platofrms readily available.

call me a day-dreamer but i can picture all of the above in my head.

Another thought i have (and i know i will get mega-flamed for this) is to make the wrx the size/dimentions of 3 series/a4 and power it so its a head on competition for the compact segment and take the legacy to the medium segment to compete with 5's and a6's. Both these would only require slight extention of the length and width.

the svx coupe and t-top and the convertible (point 3) would really sell in the southern states plus the winter-belt states would love a more reliable awd car than the TT.

Thoughts? Flames?

Ditto. Can't wait to order one of these. Must have an SMG option before deciding to go with it or 6-speed manual or auto. It's time Subaru offer better performing cars to match the M3 and the like, rather than resorting to modding to hell using aftermarket gear.

Hell, I'd just be happy if they brought over an STi Legacy:mad:

Actually you should say, you would be happy if they just made a STi Legacy, and then brought it over. They don't even have one in Japan.

I'd really like to see a light weight coupe again, with a 2.0L Turbo. Something small, cheap and fast. would be a great rally car :) Oh and not with the ugly front end like on the new SUV as well.

Archived