LegacyGT.com

Up pipe install

300zx2lgt

Most shops will not touch your uppipe since it has a cat in it-----IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO REMOVE OR ALTER YOUR EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM IN ANY WAY----in other words---do it yourself!!! To remove your factory UP, take off the heatshield from the turbo, (optional) remove the intercooler core, remove the DP, loosen the engine mounts, jack up the motor, remove the pass. side manifold, remove the UP from the turbo. Reverse the process, and you are done.. APPROX. 3.5 HRS to completion first time around.

Or you can come to Houston to have it removed and hang with some Subie fans....

Thanks for invite! I have seen the walkthrough instructions, I just worry "what if" I get stuck in the process. It's funny you mention the federal law reasoning :) I had a shop gut my downpipe awhile back and AFTER they finished the topic came up.

Most shops will not touch your uppipe since it has a cat in it-----IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO REMOVE OR ALTER YOUR EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM IN ANY WAY

Please cite.

It is illegal for them to remove alter in a way to make it useless (remove all cats), but in all but CARB states, one can replace an OEM cat with aftermarket, and even relocate IIRC.

Now i know the Up has a cat, but if the downpipe cat is not completely removed, I am not sure it is a violation (though I'd have to read the law to find out and I'm lazy).

Archived