LegacyGT.com

Engine OIL ??????????????????

JATPOL

What engine oil do you guys use on your subs ???????????????

What brands and types ( regular ,semi-syntetic or full syntetic ) ?????

I just bought my 2000 legacy GT (38000 miles on it) two weeks ago.

What type and brand is good for boxer engines ?

Please let me know :confused:

Thanks !!!!!:cool:

I use Mobil 1. Burnt an exhaust valve on my EJ22 at 246,000+ and tore it down to find almost no wear on any internal components. All crosshatching in the cylinders, cams were like brand new, crank perfect, even the bearings were easily in spec. I changed it about every 10k miles (I'm lazy).

Steve

Well I have the Subaru maintenance program. Subaru allows the oil to be in the car for 7500 miles. So, with that point I bring in my own synthetic oil to use. This last time I used Castrol 5-30w. I usually use Mobile 1, but Castrol has just changed their formula; which is supposed to be better. Plus, there was a rebate on the oil.

At walmart the normal price for Mobile 1, or castrol is something like $19.88 for a 5 quart jug, not to bad.

Thats my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey :) While i may not have a 00 legacy as you do, but i do have a 91 legacy and i use Fully Synthetic oil 5w60... Only the best basically.

Its also changed every 5000km's. The engine is in great cond for its age and being a EJ20 and doesnt make a single ticking noise nor any noise out of the ordinary :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you have a Sams club by you go there for mobil 1. I changed my gf's oil and for 6 qts of 5W-30, it was $19.95. You need to be a member though. I think wal-mart was something like $23 and it was in a 5qt. jug. Not a huge difference. I've seen it as high as $35 for 6 qts.

Archived