LegacyGT.com

Wheel bearing or other tranmission related issue?

Others have described the wheel bearing a more of a humming. I am currently experiencing more of a metal tapping. I looked for anything obvious like nails sticking out or debris.

It seemed to start yesterday, my wife pointed it out after she borrowed the car to take the work.:rolleyes:

I was able to reproduce it today.

I noise is most apparent when curious @ 40mph and letting off the throttle. Seems like its coming from the front area of the car. If a depress the clutch the noise seems to fade away or at least becomes fainter.

Any ideas what this could be? I am taking the car to the dealer tomorrow. I have aftermarket coilovers/brakes/and under braces and hope this will be warrantied if related to wheel bearings/axles.

thanks,

Matt

Just an FYI, only the rear wheel bearings are.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem as you with the rattle. I can't point it out to what it is, and my car loving friends can't really seem to either. I have to take it to the dealer when I get a chance and see what they say. I hope its nothing big =(

• 4 weeks later...

got the letter at 50000miles. wouldn't you know it at 56000 miles, loud rumbling from r rear. yup. bearings.

covered under warranty.

jksu

I received a letter from SOA stating that wheel bearings are covered up to 100k because they know there are known problems with them. Good Luck.

Archived