LegacyGT.com

5EAT Transmission problem, need help

25gtrbo

hey guys, looks like im having some issues with my tranny. When i am at a complete stop and the light turns green, i have to give it some gas for the car to move and then it will shift hard once. Then its fine. What also bothers me is when i back up, i have to give it some gas to move the car. If i take my foot off the pedal the car will just sit there. it does it really bad when im easy on the car. I need answers quick. Oh and mine is also a 5EAT Tranny. Im wondering if its the temperature because its 90 out right now and this is the first time ive had the problem.

I might want to go with a transmission cooler by hayden

Yea it is the clunk. Thing is it just started so i dont see how it is normal and it only does it in first to second gear. Would a tcu reset fix this issue or is this related to it being a bad clutch pack or needing a new valve body. I have 28,000 miles and it is completely stock again this is an auto.

Yea it is the clunk. Thing is it just started so i dont see how it is normal and it only does it in first to second gear. Would a tcu reset fix this issue or is this related to it being a bad clutch pack or needing a new valve body. I have 28,000 miles and it is completely stock again this is an auto.

You're right at the recommended 30k 5EAT fluid change interval, which I think is at least 10k too long.

Two things; first get a full flush/fluid replacement and add 1 can of BG additive.

Secondly, yes, get your TCU reset. Only a dealer or someone with similar advanced electronics can do this. Disconnecting your battery, etc. will not.

After you've done this check back in with the results.

Odd, mine will practically pull itself uphill from a stop in gear, same for reverse .. after it's fully warmed up it will pull a little less eagerly but it will still move itself along with no throttle input. Like everyone else said, I'd drive around for 10-15 miles to get her fully warmed up and then check the fluid (while it's running) on a nice flat surface.

Archived