LegacyGT.com

New Clutch, Next Steps?

CMull123

I'm about to get my ACT Stage 2 clutch put in this week and I was wondering what the break in procedure should be. I know overall I shouldn't whoop on it for X amount of miles but didn't know if there was anything more specific.

Also, as I'm already having synchro issues into 1st, 4th and 5th gears I'm sure this new clutch and my lead foot will aggravate the situation. What am I lookin at (besides a large amount of cash) for new gears in this car? I've searched here and on NASIOC, it's a tough topic to find anything out on.

Ahhh crap, I forgot. I should replace the clutch fluid, yes? What should I use? Regular brake fluid?

WRT the clutch break-in, ACT doesn't provide any recommendations? I typically just drive it easy for the first 100-200 miles or so to let it season and then increase the assertiveness of the launch for the next 500 miles or so and then just drive it normally. Has worked fine for me.

WRT the synchros - how many miles on your car and is it still under PT warranty (5 yr/60K)? If it is, take it to the dealer and have them fix the issue. You could also change out the transmission fluid with some Subaru Extra-S fluid and see if that fixes the issue.

WRT the clutch fluid and bleeding - here you go.

SBT

08 - Clutch Fluid.pdf

09 - Clutch Fluid Air Bleeding.pdf

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Car has about 39k on it, would still be covered by the powertrain warranty if my stupid ass would have detuned when I took it in one time. When 1st gear first started givin me problems I took it in while it was still stage 1 and they wouldn't cover anything. Refer to almost any of my other posts and see why I hate my local dealership.

Archived