LegacyGT.com

*** Ultimate Mai Tai Recipe ***

SpecBee

It's been Rum season for over a month now and we need this thread! Here I go. More details to come on the brands and year of rum and other ingredients like homemade orgeat and the such. Still perfecting my recipe...

Ultimate Mai Tai

1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

1 oz dark rum

1 oz light rum

1/2 oz orange curacao

1/2 oz orgeat

1/4 oz rock candy

sprig of mint

mix all in shaker with lots of ice till foamy. pour into tiki mug and add sprig. Enjoy!

sounds good. I'll have to make some for a party
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Hmm... I've have to try that. But, here is the way I learned/remembered it many years ago and how I've always please folks with it:

A Mai-Tai is a Rum Sour TO GO

Where:

R: = Rum (1 - 1 1/2 oz). I do prefer a dark rum for this like Goslings or Myers

S: Sour Mix (1/2 oz)

T: = Triple Sec (1/2 oz)

O: = Orgeat (dashes)

G: = Grenadine (dashes)

O: = Orange Juice (2 - 3oz)

This is made in a Hi-ball glass and as anything with sour mix in particular (and really all juice) should be, shake it.

:)

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Just made some Orgeat mix.

2 cups of Almond milk

2 cups of pure cane sugar (the brown stuff)

3 tsp of pure Almond extract.

1/2 coup of Rum for bottling.

Heat mixture till simmer. Reduce to medium thickness about 20 minutes. Pour into empty liquor bottle add 1/2 cup of rum as a preservative.

I need to find some rose water for this recipe. Most that I have found use rose water.

Hmm... I've have to try that. But, here is the way I learned/remembered it many years ago and how I've always please folks with it:

A Mai-Tai is a Rum Sour TO GO

Where:

R: = Rum (1 - 1 1/2 oz). I do prefer a dark rum for this like Goslings or Myers

S: Sour Mix (1/2 oz)

T: = Triple Sec (1/2 oz)

O: = Orgeat (dashes)

G: = Grenadine (dashes)

O: = Orange Juice (2 - 3oz)

This is made in a Hi-ball glass and as anything with sour mix in particular (and really all juice) should be, shake it.

:)

Add some pineapple juce and sweet vermouth and you got yourself a Zombie.... Oh yea plus a splash of 151 on top...:)

It's been Rum season for over a month now and we need this thread! Here I go. More details to come on the brands and year of rum and other ingredients like homemade orgeat and the such. Still perfecting my recipe...

Ultimate Mai Tai

1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

1 oz dark rum

1 oz light rum

1/2 oz orange curacao

1/2 oz orgeat

1/4 oz rock candy

sprig of mint

mix all in shaker with lots of ice till foamy. pour into tiki mug and add sprig. Enjoy!

You should float the dark rum on top and always use Meyer's

Archived