LegacyGT.com

Becoming more of a Subie fan with every mile..

Been awhile since I have posted anything. Been too busy driving my LGT. :cool: Ready to add some mods (more on that later)...

Anyway do not know if you all remember but I came from a 350Z. And let me tell you - after this weekend in the MD weather - I am never looking back now and do not miss the Z at all. I absolutely love this car. I had a blast in the snow. It handled, acclerated, stopped better than I could have imagined. I had a jeep wrangler a few years back and I felt more comfortable in the LGT than I ever did in the jeep. I actually love how you can get the tail end out a little bit (kind of RWD biased?)... I am used to that coming from RWD.

Anyway - sorry for the rambling post that does not offer much outside of a converted Subie fan who is now truely hooked and ready for mods, more snow, etc.. :D

MEEEEEE tooo........same exact toughts on the car....cept no 350z for me...Every time I sit in this car I fall more in love with it. And my AP will be here on Thurs....maybe not a good Idea with all the snow around......yes it is. Don't worry boys, I've tak'n classes on snow driving, drifting, ect... =)

I never considered owning a Subaru until I heard about the WRX about 2 years ago (I lead a very sheltered life). After a test drive, I was very interested in the rex. Then I drove the Legacy GT wagon, and I was hooked. I've had the car for a month, and still look forward to climbing in every day.

BTW, this is a great forum.

Yeah DEI99662 - still have good old RE92's. They are not all that bad. Some helpful people on here told me about the air pressure and bumping it up to 35psi (vs factory 30-32) and it helps quite a bit. Granted I already know the tires I want to replace them, but for now and for my first winter, they are not too bad. I figured I can beat the hell out of them and then go get the ones I really want (Pirelles).

Been awhile since I have posted anything. Been too busy driving my LGT. :cool: Ready to add some mods (more on that later)...

Anyway do not know if you all remember but I came from a 350Z. And let me tell you - after this weekend in the MD weather - I am never looking back now and do not miss the Z at all. I absolutely love this car. I had a blast in the snow. It handled, acclerated, stopped better than I could have imagined. I had a jeep wrangler a few years back and I felt more comfortable in the LGT than I ever did in the jeep. I actually love how you can get the tail end out a little bit (kind of RWD biased?)... I am used to that coming from RWD.

Anyway - sorry for the rambling post that does not offer much outside of a converted Subie fan who is now truely hooked and ready for mods, more snow, etc.. :D

I actually drive a 350Z as well and this weather is killing me. I'm serious considering an LGT and a member from 350Zmotoring.com referred me over here. Tell me more.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a noob.

I preordered a 350Z Performance model in April of 2002, took delivery in November of 2002 and traded it for an LGT wagon in September of 2004. The LGT wagon never fails to put a smile on my face and I now consider the 350Z my $31,000 mistake. The roar of the badly feathered front tires quickly took the fun out of driving the Z. Nissans answer was to replace the tires and hope that I would accept the fact that the faulty suspension geometry would quickly feather the new tires. I now enjoy winter driving again and can pick up my sister at the airport without worrying if her suitcase will fit in the back.

Yeah preordered (silver Enth. 6 speed) 350Z around 2/02 and picked it up 9/02. It had most of the early Z problems:

Nosiy/bad tranny

Bad tires

Squeaky suspension

Fuel door sticks

Paint "holes/chips" on front bumper

Windows would freeze (and would not lower when you opened the door)

Seat bolsters wearing (fabric wearing away already)

BUT I did love driving the 350Z. It was a true blast to drive and I know what Z lovers mean about a "love/hate" relationship with their cars. I was just getting tired of some of the problems, and I was taking more road trips and needed a little more room (and all weather protection), and I was always a SUBIE fan. Almost bought a WRX instead of the Z.

So while the getting was still good and the Z was still worth money, I traded it in on the LGT. I was going to try and get a STi - but the wife did not like the racer look (i.e. the WING), but she loved the motor and the repected the turbo and AWD (love the wife.. haha). So when I heard about the LGT coming and mostly thanks to this forum and all the great people on here - I made the switch - and never looked back. The only thing I sometimes miss is the nice sound of the 350Z exhaust and some of the exterior looks - but man the LGT is a blast to drive (in ALL weather) and quicker than you think. Hell with AP stage 1 (chip only) - you will get more torque than the 350Z.

:cool:

Archived