LegacyGT.com

Powering into snow-laden parking spot...no problem

Hey All,

Just thought I'd share my joy at how easily I was able to park on the street in Boston after the blizzard. I had my car parked in a garage during the storm and wanted to get it out as soon as possible because it is so friggin' expensive. So yesterday I got the car and searched for a parking spot. I went around the block a couple of times and kept passing this one spot that had about a foot of snow piled up in it.

I kept passing it thinking, "should I try this..there's no way I'm gonna get in!!." Finally, I decided to give it a try. Lo & behold, I put 'er in reverse and powered my way through the snow...no problem. Like butter.

Should've taken some pix so you guys could see just how impressive this really was. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

-Sperly

I was impressed with the car as well, with the RE92s. Out on the west side of Wayland there is a huge unplowed parking lot, where Raytheon used to be. we are talking acres. There was over 2 feet of snow in some places, the car does well until it packs so much under the vehicle that it stops. then you can wiggle it out fairly easily.

These cars do awesome donuts. I have done a few (one on dry pavement, that was fun!) whre the inside front tire moves in a 1 foot radius circle. makes you pretty dizzy.

Thats probably longer than I would ever try. Its a lot harder on the pump if you do this on dry pavement not as big of an issue in snow. Next time you get in your car and turn it on, turn the wheel all the way left or right and note how the power steering pump sound changes. Towards the end it will make a groaning sound. I'm not sure how much of an issue it is in the LGT, but I know in lots of other cars people go onto forums and complain how its hard to steer, or that the steering makes funny noises after doing prolonged donuts at wheel lock, usually means their ps pump is fried.
.o0O0o.

i am well aware of the workings of a PS pump and I can understand how it would fry at high RPM and full lock (moving a LOT of fluid, maybe cavitating). I will keep this in mind as a future warranty claim if anything seems to go wrong.

Archived