LegacyGT.com

Tire Pressure Questions...

smokin.legacy

You know I have always wondered.......If one was to have aftermarket low profile tires would the manufacturer recommended tire pressure still be optimal? If not how would one calculate what pressure to run?

I currently have 225 40 18's ona 7.5" rim and was looking at purching either a 235 35 18 8" rim or a 245 35 18 8" rim.

I am also assuming weather plays a facor and since i Live in Florida I keep keep the pressure for summer all year round.

Anyone know for sure?

There is no hard and fast rule because every vehicle is different and so is every tire, but generally people bump at least a couple pounds per plus size. You're plus one, so starting at 2lbs over factory is a good place to start. From there it's just how it feels to you and whether the tires are wearing evenly. Run pressures that are too low and the edges will wear faster. Run pressures too high and the center will wear faster.

There is no hard and fast rule because every vehicle is different and so is every tire, but generally people bump at least a couple pounds per plus size. You're plus one, so starting at 2lbs over factory is a good place to start. From there it's just how it feels to you and whether the tires are wearing evenly. Run pressures that are too low and the edges will wear faster. Run pressures too high and the center will wear faster.

mmmk well the 2lbs i guess help answer part of the question. I didnt think there was a definite guide. Thanks!

Archived