LegacyGT.com

Up Pipe Question

CypherMax

Ok, I am going to be stage II as soon as my Cobb down pipe is off backorder which is around July 20th. In the mean time I have been contemplating on whether or not to get an up pipe to install at the same time as my down pipe. I have read on a few threads that going stage II and keeping the stock up pipe can cause problems with parts of the cat or EGS breaking off and flying into the turbo due to higher boost pressures. First of all should i really be worried about this happening? Second how much will this help performance. All I hear is that the turbo is louder and turbo spool is around 500 rpm sooner. My main concern is keeping my turbo as safe as possible. Lastly what are the best up pipes out there? I have seen only the perrin, invidia, and autospeed (which appears to be the best one due to its flex section to eliminate any chance of leaks during engine rock). I have read countless thread about nightmare leaks on the other brands. Any info or experience anyone has had on this subject would be great. Also if anyone has the autospeed up pipe let me know if its any good. Thanks.

Get an UP. They are like $100 or so.

As for brand ... whatever. They are essentially the same. I'm running a Grimmspeed coated UP which has been great to me so far.

If you are concerned about keeping your turbo safe ... don't go Stage II. If you still want to go Stage II get a new UP at the same time. From safety standpoint on the turbo ... yes the cat will break up eventually. Hence Subaru started in 07 with OEM catless UP. It may be a rare thing ... but for $100 after the $$ you paid for your DP and AP is it not money well spent???

FWIW, I bot a MR up and DP (catless) cheap and work the balls. Unless you NEED a catted DP, soncdier this setup as it will cost you several hundread LESS than just the Cobb DP.

PM Boostjunkie as he can hook you up w/ the package.

Rehab is for quitters.

I ordered a grimmspeed up pipe. So ill be putting in that along with cobb dp with AP stage 2 flash sometime in july. Thanks for the advise.

Same UP and DP I'm running.

All has been great.

Good luck.

Archived