LegacyGT.com

perrin intake troubleshooting

subylegacy

I installed the perrin short ram intake yesterday. There was nothing wrong with it when it was done, but when I got off work and start heading back to my house, there was this awful air leaking sound (air sucking sound) that is way too loud for any kind of intake will do. it sounded nothing like when it was first installed. I double checked the intake to see if there is any leaking but I found nothing.. any opinions?

Guest turboman
I installed the perrin short ram intake yesterday. There was nothing wrong with it when it was done, but when I got off work and start heading back to my house, there was this awful air leaking sound (air sucking sound) that is way too loud for any kind of intake will do. it sounded nothing like when it was first installed. I double checked the intake to see if there is any leaking but I found nothing.. any opinions?

I put on the Perrin short ram intake too and didn't like it. It made a noise like a fan blade hitting a piece of paper at certain acceleration and deceleration points. I think the foam filtering element is too thin and the sounds of the turbo are magnified. Normal sounds that we normally can't hear because of the airbox and paper filters.

I took it off and went back to the stock airbox with the resonator off amd a panel filter.

Same here, sold the intake for cheap, and put a Perrin foam filter in the stock box, Still here the blowoff valve and whatnot due the stage 2 tune, but not bad at all!

I am now being bothered with the resonation I get in the cab with the shifter bushing, and may put the stock one back in. The shorter shift was nice to me, not this resonation I get in the cab.

Just out of curiousity. What made anyone think the perrin intake wasn't gonna be your typical "sounds like a train in my engine bay" intake? It's an intake....they're gonna be loud as hell.

I won't lie and say I've never done an intake, I made the same mistake with my Rx-8, as the performance (for lack of a better word) mods were slim to none with that car. I too yanked it off due to the sound. :)

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived