LegacyGT.com

Bad shimmy up front! need help

devilmademedoit

OK 98' legacy gt wagon I did brakes rotors and passenger caliper because it didn't seem right. I warped 1 rotor andthe pads had a wierd wear pattern on them. The thing is still shaking especiallywhen I am turning wheel to the left on the highway. What else can be doing this? It shakes prety bad

^ not that I know of. I believe changing the wheel bearings is pretty tough and would require a press of some sort - which might be the reason Subaru has extended the warranties on the newer LGT's wheel bearings (however, i am not sure about the '98 models).

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if the wheel bearings were going bad, isn't it just a noise? I had my rear go bad, and did not notice any vibrations, just an annoying "hummmmm" while driving... I don't see how a wheel bearing would result in f'd up pads/rotors on the passenger side - I think it is more with balancing/alignment. (or perhaps a bad install?)

Did you torque your wheels to spec?

and on a side note: Why did you just change the passenger side pads/rotor and not just the full front? Seems like that would tweak your R to L bias and you car would pull during heavy braking....

ps: try not to hit "post" multiple times :)

brian

As being an alignment technition i would say check the tires, they may look good to they eye but you do have to look somewhat close to notice the ware pattern and if there is any delaminaton, quick way to tell, rotate tires front to back take it for a spin if it goes away then would suspect tires or possibly a bent rim.

let me know hoe that works, id like to know the out come or help you fix the situation.

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Archived