LegacyGT.com

02-06 sti cat-back on an old leg?

HYO

I have a friend with and 02-06 wrx/sti cat back that he want to get out of his shop, so how far off would that be from fitting my 99 legacy? its 3" pipe but it has a back presher plug in the can. It looks close to mine so if its only a lil off i can cut and weld it though id rather not go through all that.

thanks Scooter:spin:

Cool guy thanks for the info. I do want to get a turbo swap going soon but if i have to do a lot of modding to the pipe id like to know how much. is it just at the can or is there more to it. I have a shop to use and im not afraid of cutting stuff up and weldin it back together.

You'll definitely have to cut it at some point because the STI mates up to a Downpipe on the right side of the tranny, whereas the Legacy piping runs down the left side of the tranny. And, as others have already indicated, you'll definitely lose torque from the over-sized piping.

Is your Leggy an L or a GT? If it's a GT, then your pipe size is likely to be close to 2", but the L will be at/about 1 7/8" IIRC. So you'll definitely need a reducer in the mix too.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived