LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage improved after break in

My total average mileage improved almost a whole mpg from delivery through the completion of break-in (and I swear I copuld feel the engine starting to loosen up and get more responsive around 850 miles or so too) and that improvement is on the same trip odo - so the entre mileage is being counted.

This is pretty common from any car, once the engine works out some of its early scraps and such, an oil change is closing in soon. Mileage should go up a little more after that.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I was about to post about the exact same thing. I just got back from Reno (appx. 300 miles roundtrip) and my mpg was 26.1 with 3 adults. Also I saw an improvement in my daily commute from 18.6 to 19.8 after hitting 1500 miles on the odometer. I'm at 2400 miles right now and will do the oil change tomorrow. My goal is to have my daily commute to go over 20mpg.

BTW, my trip A is the car's total mileage and it is at 18.6mpg.

I've been keeping records of all fillups / fuel cost / mileage on my PDA since I bought the car. I'll post a link to the results at some point. Right now I'm curious how the cold weather is impacting mileage - I'm looking for day to day weather records that I can associate to the fuel data.

Archived