LegacyGT.com

Ceramic tint installer RI/North CT/South MA

SubOperator

Well as subject line says I am looking for good tint film installer that has ceramic tint film available and does good job at installing it. More specifically I want to put ceramic tint to (in order of importance):

- dual sunroof (I have LGT Wagon) , the darkest possible;

- windshield (the lightest possible)

- driver and front passenger sides (the lightest possible).

I have second row and cargo area tinted already; work was done by a good shop in Warwick, RI but I know they don't carry ceramic since I asked for it when I contacted them about tinting my car.

The main reason for trying to go ceramic vs regular tint is to try to keep as much heat out as possible.

I am not willing to travel to NJ to see Lee :) with the current gas prices :redface:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I'll be tinting the 2nd wagon I just got as well.

But I don't think I'd spring up for ceramic. I am happy with my Madico 35% on my 1st wagon (done by Lee in NJ, btw).

go to tint king in billerica ma. its a little farther but worth it

Thanks for reference, they are about 100 miles from me, this may work if price is right and I can get my schedule freed at the office. They carry Huper Optik; I'll quote them for price.

Or perhaps I can try to get their Mobile installer to come over to Devens and get the tint installed between my runs at auto cross - just to save myself an extra trip to Mass :lol:

I'll be tinting the 2nd wagon I just got as well.

But I don't think I'd spring up for ceramic. I am happy with my Madico 35% on my 1st wagon (done by Lee in NJ, btw).

I have Johnson film; IIRC it's also 35%. Not a big fan of dark tints; too "ghetto" looking to my personal taste.

Overall I am happy with Johnson; the thing is that I want to cut the amount of heat coming through sunroof and windshield into the cabin. While the roof can be tinted with regular film, be it Johnson or Madico or any other brand, I am not aware of transparent films other than ceramic based ones that would cut the heat out without being noticable. For obvious reasons I don't want to get my windshield tinted; if there is a non-ceramic transaprent film that I could use on the windshield, I'll be happy to find that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Found something?

I got quoted $280 for regular Suntek and $480 for Huper Optik ceramic by TintKing.

Sonny's quoted me $245 for regular Madico, and $445 for Madico ceramic. Sunroof extra $45 (for both regular and ceramic they said :confused:)

Solar solutions $190 for Suntek.

I think I'll go with regular Madico, but I am tempted to spring up for a ceramic film.

All quotes for wagon.

Found something?

I got quoted $280 for regular Suntek and $480 for Huper Optik ceramic by TintKing.

Sonny's quoted me $245 for regular Madico, and $445 for Madico ceramic. Sunroof extra $45 (for both regular and ceramic they said :confused:)

Solar solutions $190 for Suntek.

I think I'll go with regular Madico, but I am tempted to spring up for a ceramic film.

All quotes for wagon.

Do you have any experience with Solar Solutions? There's a VEM Solar Solutions here in MA and I was wondering if they were a reputable chain.

I don't. They are single operation, not a chain. They are highly recommended by nasiocers, so is Sonny's and Tint King. However they guy that has run the business (Sheldon) is no longer there, but the current owner used to be his employee.

Went and talked to local installers here and they told me Ceramic is actually not working well on automobiles for the most part. They tried it for a while and moved away from it due to problems with getting it to bond properly and stay. Instead they moved to Suntek's Carbon, and apparently it's fantastic stuff, they say that it beats out the ceramic in most senses, the only thing is it blocks slightly less heat.

Anyone else investigated this? Sorry I'm not in the local region at all, local installer here in St. Louis quoted me $335 for Suntek Carbon at 35% all around.

They quoted me $175 for Suntek HP (regular stuff), the Suntek Carbon at $335 -- they gave me samples of the film and you can definitely see a huge difference (and they weren't canned samples, they literally just pulled them down off the shelf off the spools).

Do you know something about the Carbon I can't find? Is it just crap? That's what I'm trying to find out.

Edit: I should probably have just said, "So Carbon is just standard film and shouldn't have a premium on it?" and sound less defensive/argumentative :}

To be honest I was set on passing on Suntek, but now I am doing research and Suntek Carbon looks like a good film. I need to check with the Suntek places to see what they actually use.

i went to mr. tint in northampton, MA. got my ceramic tints done (45% all around) for $170 i believe?

there's another mr. tint in east windsor, CT too

I had my old car tinted at Mr. Tint in Northampton when I lived in Amherst, they had a great price and did a good job, I just wish they weren't 2 hours away.

I am sorry I went with Ceramic. The installer botched the job and botched the repair, It was a hundred bucks for the ferry fare both times (and I still need it fixed a third time) and it really doesn't cut down on heat like I expected.

I'm curious if the installer botched it or not. What you describe is actually what the installer told me the problem was with ceramics as a whole, and why they stopped using them. What specific problems were you having, was the film not staying bonded?

well, not including the front windshield and moonroof. $170

Still way too cheap. All around usually means all windows except windshield and moonroof.

Still way too cheap. All around usually means all windows except windshield and moonroof.

IIRC that's what I paid for Johnson film on rear doors and trunk area.

You sure it was their Ceramic film? They produce several different types, including dyed and metalic

Oh, I know it wasn't - I had Johnson installed on rear door windows and cargo. Now I am looking to have transparent ceramic film installed on front door windows, windshield and sunroof.

Archived