LegacyGT.com

RIP 06 Spec B.....06/09/08

Civic2GT

Get it on a frame rack and check as I'll bet you a dime to a donut, that the frame has a serious tweak in it if not an outright bend and the estimate is about $4-5,000 too little.

If it is bent, then you have a case for the car to be totalled. I wouldn't just accept the adjustment at face value and if the the insurance company hasn't racked the frame yet, then it's an incomplete adjustment.

That looks completely compressed against the front of the engine too so I'd insist on an engine tear-down (at least to the cam pulleys), to make sure that the case wasn't pressed up against the cam shafts during the collison. Insist on this believe me when I tell you this. It happened to me.

Also, make sure they replace the aluminum hood with an aluminum hood, not the newer steel issues. Bottom line - Don't settle, until you're ready to settle. PM for more info.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

+1 looks like a goner to me. im an insurance adj. for farmers ins. if you have questions let me know. i would have totalled it.

well...can i get you to look at the car then and then you say you total it....

they did say I can get my own adjuster to look at it.....:lol::lol:

hahahah.... i would but i can only estimate for farmers ins. where is the car right now??? is it at a shop??? most likely when you take it to a shop they are gonna find more damage and that might t/l it out.

I got hit the same way by a mercedes as well. BTW your car is totaled...mine was. Did your airbag go off...mine did it caught me on the arm ouch...i'm ok though.

Good luck on the new ride!!!

hit1.thumb.jpg.b5484e4c41d496561d84252fe8eda53c.jpg

hitpost.thumb.jpg.bb96f71823adaa7bb908a53611ec6c73.jpg

UPDATE: car is currently in the shop and they did find more damages, but not enough for the adjustor to total the car. They will replace all parts with NEW OEM parts

Frame was put on a rack and no major damage to the frame.

Its kinda bittersweet really, liked my car but i'm just afraid of future issues.

Archived