LegacyGT.com

Alignment or tires?

Aluma

Hello everyone, wondering if you could fill me in on this...

My car was listing to the right when I first got it, but just a little, so I let it go cuz I never had time to get it perfectly aligned. 1.5yrs later, I take it to get an alignment and when I get it back, its going to the right really bad...it even climbs up the road when its banked! Cant even let go the wheel EVER. I took it to get redone and they told me it was "to spec" and that its a tire induced problem...they suggest I get new tires.

So, did these people not align my car properly or IS it a tire problem?

Never had a problem like this before. Any help would be useful.

We don't know. Take it back to who did the alignment and have them check it again, and inspect the tires and tire psi, or take it to another shop and ask for the same. They will know before anyone of us.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Tire pressure is a great place to look. I check mine every 2 weeks.

I took it in for an alignment at several places and all have found it to be in spec. At home, I swapped the front tires (left <--> right) and nothing happened. I swaped the rear tires (left <--> right) and nothing happened. So... it's not the tires. I have the original RE92 tires. I did this as per the advise from tirerack.com. After reading these boards, I suspect the following:

> one or both of the large bushings in the front lower control arms are not good

> the front subframe has shifted

> very few people know how to properly align a vehicle (especially the front end)

> ?

My '05 LGT wagon has 45k mikes.

Archived