LegacyGT.com

Rallystart - remote start for 05' Legacy/OB

firedawgs

I wonder if the "programming" is removing the immobilizer completely... I like not having another fob, but it sounds limited.. need a review :)

It says on the website you use the same key (FOB). But, it does state that if you have the subaru immobizer than the dealer needs to program it. I wonder which button is the start on/off switch??

I found some information on the remote start functionality on Crutchfield's website.

It is:

How can I use my factory door locks to activate my remote start?

The RS4LX remote start module can be programmed to activate with a double negative lock pulse (lock-lock-start feature) on the Pink wire.

When this feature has been programmed, pressing the lock button on the factory remote twice within 5 seconds will trigger the remote start.

Since the remote start activation relies on a negative pulse, it will be necessary in some vehicles to use a relay to convert the lock signal to a negative (ground) pulse.

I have seen this at other place for less than $100 but of course it doesn't say anything about immobilizer or Subaru but this is a universal remote starter for OEM integration. Looks interesting, may pick up just to see what is involved. Will have to think about it more though. Should probably finish my iPod integration first.

I have seen this at other place for less than $100 but of course it doesn't say anything about immobilizer or Subaru but this is a universal remote starter for OEM integration. Looks interesting, may pick up just to see what is involved. Will have to think about it more though. Should probably finish my iPod integration first.

so you're saying that you can find that starter for less than 100 bux? let me know coz Im very interested in one.

Guest *Jedimaster*
This one has been around for Subaru's a while. The kit tells you not to use with a MT- but you still can- just make sure you don't leave your car in gear.

Archived