LegacyGT.com

Cold weather performance complaints....

I dont know, I took the car up to Seven Springs this weekend and she handled like a dream up and down the deepest hills, didn't slip once... .unless you know, when you want that back end to come out a little :) The only other cars out on the road there were trucks and she was able to hold her own. However, the wiper fluid was an issue, but I just used some better fluid that could take much colder temps. Love this car.

If you read your owners manual, it says to clear the snow and ice from the base of the windshield before using the heaters, I guess they aren't that strong or they could cause the windshield to crack if they were stronger. I make it a habit to clean all the snow off the hood, windshield, and rear glass, before i go anywhere. That way I don't have to worry about it flying off and sticking to the inshield or rear glass, or flying off in chunks and hitting the guy behind me. If you are going to stick to the stock tires, you need to be very gentle with the gas pedal. You should be able to feel the rear breaking loose and cut back. As for the ABS brakes, I feel that mine are no where near as sensitive as the ones on my WRX. They don't come on nearly as often as those did.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You guys have me paranoid. I always go out to a parking lot and eat my lunhc- after eating, I get out of the car to have a smoke- now I'm leaving the window partway down in case my car starts locking me out!

who are these people who defend the re92s as decent again?
I was cruising yesterday in NJ - PA thru this blizzard on stock RE92. They are not perfect but much better than I was reading on this Forum. I would say that the driver input is the most important part in winter driving.

Add to the list of the paranoid...

this actually did happen to me at one point but I was fairly sure it was me hitting the lock... at the time it didn't matter as I was outside of my open house which had the spare keys in it...

As far as not letting the car lock when it's running... Uh... I don't think those who plan on buying one in an urban area will like that idea too much... lots of instances I can think of where not being able to lock your doors with it running would be a BAD idea.

As far as the problem being spontaneous... I can't imagine how that's even possible... it may be associatted with the alarm feature that re-locks the doors if they're initially locked with one or more doors open...

As mentioned this has happened to me but only once and it was not cold... and I'm fairly (but not entirely) sure that brushed the lock switch as I was getting out.

Good luck. God knows I could get SERIOUSLY screwed if this happens to me in 98% of the places I go.

1. Take-offs were consistently great, but on occasion the car would randomly drift(!) while driving a straight line, even when speeds were low (appx. 15-20mph), and I was not accelerating. No surprise that I found it much better to start and stay in second gear.

Don't be afraid to drive the car aggresively (but on RE-92s, I'm not sure it's a good thing), while remaining prudent, when there is snow on the pavement. I find the car prefers this and will grip better on snow. A good set of winter tires will help tremendously, something like the Nokian WRs, for milder winter climates like the Boston area (it's all relative...).

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

4. Most troubling was when I started up the car last night, turned the heaters on, shut the door, and went about brooming off the car.

Anyone car to guess what happened? That's right, the motherfucking doors LOCKED.

So, naturally of course, my goddamn house keys were in the car, and my wife was out of town. I had to hop in a cab, drive to my office to pick up my spare set of house keys, take the cab back to my house, go upstairs and get my spare car keys, and then come down to unlock the car. All in all, it was idling unattended in the parking lot for 45 minutes. I was not amused. :mad:

I'm sorry, but that is friggin hilarious!!!!! The way it was written.....LMAO. Oh your gonna fit in nicely here!! :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived