LegacyGT.com

Stuck in neutral, cant shift gears

Rushin

Today i tried to launch my spec.b. I used to have an 02wrx and was able to do some very good launches without dropping the clutch or burning it. So i got to a back road, pushed in the clutch and revved the car to 4500, eased the clutch till i could feel that the car is almost moving and quickly released the clutch. With my wrx, the wheels would spin and the car would take off. With spec.b it just bogged. i tried one more time and same thing happened. And after that i was not able to put the car into gear. I pushed in the clutch and tried to put the car into gear and it would not go in any gear. I turned the car off and put it in first and started the car with clutch in and the tranny in first. The car jumped forward like it was in gear and the clutch was out. What could this be. I did burn the clutch a bit and it did smell pretty bad.

So what could this be? What happened? It was fine after 10 or so minutes.

Am i launching it wrong? I tried it with traction control off and it did the same thing. To turn off the traction control do i just press the button once or i need to do something else?

Thanks, T

Archived