LegacyGT.com

Performance Seat Belt Add-Ons

Metal2You

I saw one of these at the track last week and it caught my interest:

http://www.schrothracing.com/products/Tuning/quick-fit/qf-wrx

Uses the exiting front and rear stock seat belt anchor points and buckles. Pretty cool.

unfortunately, those won't fit in either of our cars. :(

but i have a 3 pt harness for each of the STI's and ran one in the LGT for the last 2 seasons. I sit so damn close though, that it's a good thing I'm only 130 lbs cause if I gain any more weight, it won't fit! Time to lose 10 lbs so I can breathe and not have to pee after after run! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

unfortunately, those won't fit in either of our cars. :(
Seems like the 06 STi was the only oddball on fit (not sure of 08 status). And the fit issue was the male buckle design, from my understanding, which could easuiy be resolved with belts from an 04-05, 07 car.

Have you tried one in a Legacy? I have not had the opportunity to personally compare the buckle designs between the two cars. I was going to drive to a local distributor to test fit one for myself.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I finally found one of these things I had seen advertised once before:

http://www.soloracer.com/cglock.html

Does anybody know of any other similar devices? I thought I saw one in a Rallitek catalog but haven't been able to find it since.

You don't need this. You can do it with your existing seatbelt and it's tight as crap too.

Move your seat all the way back, and pull the seatbelt snugly around yourself. Then give it a quick tug to activate the inertial lock and hold it there. While youre holding the inertial lock in place move your seat up. Voila. You have ur own CG Lock. Once you get this down, you'll be able to tell how much slack you need to lock yourself in place comfortably. I have locked myself in really tight with this procedure that i have slight bruises on my shoulder after a trackday.

It's free and works just as good as the CG lock if not better.

Archived