LegacyGT.com

1,988 mi, still in love

Love my Leg/GT at 1,988 miles for so many reasons.

I have owned or own BMW, Benz, Lexus and my wife has a new 2005 Range Rover.

I love driving my LegGT most. I am departing for Mammoth today, 301 miles north across high desert and into the high Sierra Mountains of California. Everything about this car is right. Understated, but so comfortable, so ergonomic/intuitive, so much fun. I love the seating position, console controls, lack of gagetry(very Zen). This car fits me like a glove. I could have bought a BMW325iX wagon, like the one I bought my son, but I was captivated by the smooth, amazing range of the LegGT's 250 ft/lb torque engine. I worried that I might miss the higher quality interior of the BMW or that the handling of the Subaru would not be as sharp as the BMW, but just the opposite. No regrets. I did put 225/40/18 Toyo Proxyes with Prodrive P1 wheels on the car to ensure that the contact patch matched the cars potential. I love the short shifter and the headlights are outstanding. Seats stood the three hour driving test with no lower back pain (I am 54 yr old, so a good test). I do wish Subaru gave me the option to give them more money for a super sound system. Only time will tell if my LegGT retains its fun factor as long as my BMWs, but today, this car is more fun than any other choice, at any price. The car is great looking and nobody knows what it is. Almost daily I hear, “great looking car”, what the hell is it.

I took a lot of cr.p from my kids and some brand nazi friends for choosing a Subaru, but I am enjoying every minute of it so far. Since I have owned very nice cars and could have purchased much more expensive options, I am not easy to please and I very happy with my decision. Subaru really got this car right and I bet it will only get better.

Nice report - but do I have that right - 300 miles in 3 hours - or are you talking about two different trips.

Anyway, great to hear you're still enjoying it. You've echoed the thoughts of many of us in the silent majority.

Yes, it is easy to hit triple digit speed, without knowing it before expected, but the three hour trip was two weeks ago and the 300 mi trip will start at 5am, Saturday. Do I sound anxious? Can't wait. Great drive followed by California's best skiing. Work hard, play hard, enjoy it all.

Archived