LegacyGT.com

blitz exhaust

addison

Ya, I was kinda bummed about the wait but for my taste the JIC was the only thing I liked. I plan on owning my car for at least 5 years so a 2 month wait is fine. Originally I wanted the Stromung but they had just stopped producing it because of lack of interest...Now there is a group buy taking place for that Cat-back, Stromung will make it if 6 people commit to the purchase.

I considered Blitz but the bulky look of the muffler cans turned me off and the touring cans (for wagons) are more quite. HKS is nice quality but also too quite for me.

I spent heaps of time deciding on which set-up to get. I wanted a perfect balance of sound, performance and looks. Having a wagon reduces your choices because most of the exhaust companies just produce a sedan size.

Their isn't much feed back on the higher end axle-backs because most members buy the more common readily available product.

Hopefully I'm not disappointed in the JIC.

I also plan on owning this ride for along time. Ive heard nothing but good things about the JIC cans, but I need to see and hear for myself. I've never heard the Blitz cans before on the Legacy. I have been searching for the STi Genome's too but japanparts is charging serious $$$. You have me leaning towards JIC more. but we'll see. I shoud take a look at Trust too.

I'll have the JIC installed in about 1 month, I'll let you know how they are.

If you like the Genomes then you should contact Jimmy at HKC-speed. He is a member and vendor here and specializes in JDM parts so he might be able to locate them for you at a great price.

• 1 month later...
I'll have the JIC installed in about 1 month, I'll let you know how they are.

If you like the Genomes then you should contact Jimmy at HKC-speed. He is a member and vendor here and specializes in JDM parts so he might be able to locate them for you at a great price.

Any luck on the JIC's?

JIC are real nice! I'm running cobb catted DP and Cobb mid piping with the JIC cans on my wagon and I'm completely satisfied. Sorry no camcorder so cant upload a sound clip but the sound is a very deep rich low tone. It rips when your wide-open but just rumbles every other time. I have absolutely no drone in my wagon. Overall this exhaust is very high quality sounding and looking. Hard to believe that I'm only the 2nd or 3rd person in the US running these cans.

1957605171_JIC1.jpg.30acd7989fc0a26dee0eb0fc3d0416ff.jpg

930694133_JIC2.jpg.5cf4e877b4aa418c371602b9459721f4.jpg

JIC are real nice! I'm running cobb catted DP and Cobb mid piping with the JIC cans on my wagon and I'm completely satisfied. Sorry no camcorder so cant upload a sound clip but the sound is a very deep rich low tone. It rips when your wide-open but just rumbles every other time. I have absolutely no drone in my wagon. Overall this exhaust is very high quality sounding and looking. Hard to believe that I'm only the 2nd or 3rd person in the US running these cans.

I might have to call 2NRParts and see if they still have 'em for 653 shipped. Im very impressed with the way they look for your wagon. Were they wagon specific? or are they for the JDM wagons which I guess would fit with my sedan?

JIC only makes them for the JDM sedan or JDM wagon. you would probably want the wagon ones so they stick out a little farther. My photos don't do the cans justice...they are recessed under my bumper at the same location as the stock cans but the 4 inch tip and cannon shaped muffler give my car such a clean look...almost sleeper-ish. At first I was worried that the recessed tips would look odd but they look GREAT/PERFECT!

Since these cans are special order they need to be made. Its highly unlikely that 2NRParts will have these in stock seeing how the demand for JIC mufflers on LGT's are non-existent.

Just for your info JIC can do air-delivery for an additional 200 bucks and you can have these cans in 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

Good luck! these JDM mufflers kick ass!

Archived