LegacyGT.com

Carbotech Brake Pads

SUBE555

I had the Bobcats before and I truely liked them ( 4 sets of them for the WRX, 10,000 miles for each set). I am going to try out the Endless SS-M pads to see if they just have the same or better bite. The heat range is just a few degrees higher, but the real comparison will be the resistance to glazing. The bobcats are really good and low on dusting.

Keefe

Keefe

I had the Bobcats before and I truely liked them ( 4 sets of them for the WRX, 10,000 miles for each set). I am going to try out the Endless SS-M pads to see if they just have the same or better bite. The heat range is just a few degrees higher, but the real comparison will be the resistance to glazing. The bobcats are really good and low on dusting.

Keefe

WHAT?!?!?! I must be smokin some damn good crack cause I got the Bobcats and I got massive brake dust hell on my fronts from The Dragon, and I wasn't even hard on the brakes!!! I now have squeak when I get on the brakes; hopefully its the el-cheapo rear pads and not the Bobcats on the front or else i'll be pissed!! I need to replace the rears with Bobcats be4 I go back to The Dragon in March.

Kenda

I know I asked this in the Endless thread, but how are the Bobcats in cold weather?

They are fine in the cold.

As for the pricing, it might be closer to $140 a pair up front, and $100 in the rear.

And yes, I didnt have a dusting problem at all during the Dragon.. try not to use your brakes too much like that. Engine braking is a lot better during downhill runs. The pad held up well, but the heat got to it (this was in the middle of May). You can tell when the brake fluid is boiled when you run that hard. After looking at the pads' surface, you can tell they are glazed. As for brake dust, if you drive fast enough, you won't let the dust settle on your wheels ;) So drive faster man.

Keefe

Keefe

i did mad engine braking to the point i thought my poor NA was gonna blow up on me. only had to get hard on the brakes in my few "moments". i know i didn't boil the fluid, i never smelled them, and there was no fade, which truly impressed me! ya know, stock suspension only goes so fast on the dragon, hence the "moments". but over all the bobcats are top notch. i know i'll need ANOTHER set (f&r) for the big dragon meet in June.

Kenda

Archived