LegacyGT.com

Broken Lug

noswad

Well recently I had an alignment for my wagon after installing some Swift Springs. The other day I went to take OFF my wheels to change brake pads and a lug snapped off! WTF! Did the alignment techs possibly cross-thread my lug nut/lug with an impact wrench?

Has anyone had to replace a broken lug before on their legacy? If so, is it difficult or should I have the dealer do it? Its a spendy little mistake at $4 for a lug, $4 for a nut, and about $$$ for dealer to put it on... Any recommendations?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

dont you just have to replace the wheel stud?

- take off wheel, take off rotor, pound out bad stud, replace with new...get a new lug nut...good to go...

-edit- assumption is that the lug snapped off an you're just left with a broken stud on your hub?!?

~Sucka-Duck~

dont you just have to replace the wheel stud?

- take off wheel, take off rotor, pound out bad stud, replace with new...get a new lug nut...good to go...

-edit- assumption is that the lug snapped off an you're just left with a broken stud on your hub?!?

yes asumption is correct, that sounds easier lol. Thanks for the info, this has never happened to me before

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

Yeah, its not a tough job. Experience mechanic? Depends on how fast their lift is. 5-10 minutes.

Novice? Maybe 15 minutes.

All you need is a new wheel stud, lug nut and a hammer.

Archived